Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weekend in the Bay

This weekend I made the trip to the Bay Area. It was one of the trips where I had to split up a limited amount of time with lots of people. I always feel guilty when I can only spare a breakfast or coffee but sometimes I am out of options. I love going to my Mom's now because it's just her and three bedrooms. It's quiet and very homey. Of course these days my favorite thing there is my wedding dress. I love to stare at it. Yes, I avoided trying it on (this time) but I did spend ample time appreciating it. I honestly can not wait to get married. It was only three days but I truly missed Cristian. I was around a lot of couples and I was wishing he was there.

Now there were some GREAT meals I enjoyed as well. First, my grandma (Nagy Mama) made pasta with cabbage, and it was quite good. There were also her homemade kifli (crescent rolls) with korozot (paprika cream cheese spread). Then I headed to my friend Charlotte's (Charstie) house where I was treated to grilled chicken with delicious mushroom sauce, caramelized Brussels sprouts (mmm) followed up with strawberries and whipped cream. I mean seriously! WOW! (Thanks Tim!) At my BFF/MOH's house, Karen prepared herb pasta from scratch with a fantastic Bolognese meat sauce. I felt like I was on a foodie vacation, and all of the meals were prepared by friends and family! On Sunday Karen also served an Almond Scented White Cake with Raspberries that when paired with tea or coffee was simply heavenly. That girl can bake! Monday my Mom was creating picnic/BBQ fare for a Labor Day party. I got to be the taste tester. She made whole wheat chocolate chip cookies that had a cake like texture and melted in your mouth. Then she made pasta salad with penne and cous cous. She included vegetable from her own garden that were crunchy and fresh. Great job MOM! Finally, one of the meals I was treated to was with Denise. We went to Village Bistro in Santana Row. We have champagne with peach puree to start and she savored scrambled egg bruschetta while I devoured Dungeness crab eggs Benedict. For thos of you who know me well, eggs and I are not best friends, however, this was delectable. I might have had my eyes opened a bit further in the egg realm. Never know where I can go from here!

PS. Congratulations on a beautiful wedding Eleanor and Gandhi de Paz. I was so happy to be there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment