Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The When it Rains it Pours Day

Today was one of those days where you start off thinking it will be fine then the domino effect happens. First, we go to pick up Cristian's truck at the dealer and they charge us a fee we don't believe we're supposed to pay. The manager doesn't budge so ouch there. Then going to yoga I have an interruption, a camera crew on the loose, that makes me late for class. The class ends a little late so I'm late to my next meeting, which I had double booked! So I scarf down a bite to eat in between meetings (by the way next day grilled vegetables are amazing in a wrap with a little cheese and taco sauce). Later on I have another meeting which runs long so I miss the night class at the gym I wanted to attend then I'm stuck running, which is still good cardio, ha! Finally Cristian gets off late and we go up to the parking garage to the newly fixed truck. The alarm starts going off and the truck won't start because the remote won't work. AHHH! The alarm goes off a number of times and after trying everything imaginable Cristian suggests we go to the store to buy a battery. I remind him to lock up and surprise that turned off the alarm. grrr.

SO we're headed home and finally ready to make dinner. I had pork chops marinating for about two days now in my own marinade of apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, cayenne pepper powder, garlic, honey, cinnamon and ginger powder. The meat was perfectly juicy, slightly sweet and didn't even need a sauce, the marinade created a brown caramelized effect. I accompanied it with my own version of coleslaw. With the cabbage and carrots I added my soy mayo, spicy mustard, peppercinis, red onion, salt and pepper. It was tangy and flavorful. Finally I created my half-homemade mac n cheese. I use the kraft package but add sour cream, garlic and garlic powder to liven it up. All in all not bad. AND I even had left overs to make a sort of pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw, looking forward to that for lunch.

After wrapping up dinner Cristian and I were working on homework til midnight. I'm so exhausted. We still didn't figure out what the professor wanted. I'm beginning to DESPISE Excel. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment