Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Late Night Quick Fix

So it's back to work on a Tuesday and I'm already exhausted. A long fun weekend doesn't exactly support rest and sleep. Oh well. After our journey home in the car for an hour plus, I looked at what was in the fridge and realized it was a hodgepodge. So in true Kristi fashion, I threw it all together! Beginning with whole wheat pasta I chopped up some asparagus, purple onions, home grown peppers, peas and broccoli (sorry to disappoint, they were frozen). Later I added turkey sweet sausage and seasoned my own tomato sauce. Once cooked it was all combined and turned out surprisingly well.

This past weekend I was in Williams Sonoma with MOH Karen and it makes me so inspired. All the cool gadgets, pots, pans, electric appliances and OH the books! Once I returned home I HAD to add to the registry. I looked at all the fun Kitchen Aid mixers and picked the perfect one. Added some casserole dishes and my new favorite, Kate Spade flatware. Soon I'll get to use all this amazing stuff and I assume it will make me and even more creative home chef. Woohooo.

By the way, anyone out there watch Top Chef? Yay for Vegas! And yay for our amazing troops.

No comments:

Post a Comment