Friday, September 18, 2009

Mediocre Meal

My colleague runs into my office yesterday, who also happens to be engaged, and asks me to open a link to Style Me Pretty (a bride's must read blog). Up pops a gorgeous pair of ivory slingbacks encrusted with jewels in the most fabulous way. I'm in awe and envy. (Shoes were/are my original and ongoing obsession.) She informs me she just purchased the shoes for her wedding and wants to buy Louboutin's but thinks they would be a better investment in a color other than ivory. I have to agree. Coincidentally this same woman also sent out her adorable save the dates the day before which consisted of a cardboard square with beach themed pop-outs! I love it! So I'm feeling behind and like I need to get back on track. I start looking for DJs, still our #1 concern, and find a company we work with for team building exercises here at the studio. I ask my colleagues if they enjoy working with them and receive a unanimous YES! I'm immediately thrilled and send Cristian the link. One step closer.

Cristian informs me at 4:45pm he can leave anytime and I jump for joy that I can be home while it's still light out. We hop in the truck to brave the traffic and head home. Once home I knew I had chicken already seasoned ready to bake. Unfortunately I had one of those days where I really wanted something I couldn't make at home right then, wonton soup. So I proceed to sear the chicken in margarine (my nod to Paulina Flay) and then bake the breasts. In the meantime Cristian requested mashed potatoes and mac n cheese (yes again, ha) so I began working on those. Now, I love cheese and pasta so that always works for me but surprisingly I am not the biggest potato fan. Before you get upset and confused, let me explain. I feel potatoes are bland. They take some effort to make them really tasty and flavorful. In this case I used my secret method of cream cheese and sour cream to really make the potatoes fluffy and creamy. I also almost always add real garlic. While this sounds tasty I was still not "feeling it". I proceeded to eat the mac n cheese and took bites of chicken and mashed potatoes but was sorely disappointed I didn't quench my craving. At least Cristian liked it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Still surprises me that you're not a potato gal, glad that you went for it anyway. Maybe you had a past life during the potato famine :)

    ReplyDelete