Monday, September 14, 2009

Eating Apart/Cooking Together

Friday night we were invited to a baby shower at the Smokehouse in Burbank and I forgot Cristian had never eaten there before. It's good food but their garlic cheese bread is AMAZING. Cristian was in love at first bite. :) Leading up to the shower I still had not purchased a gift. Luckily coworkers of mine were in the same boat so we went to shop and have lunch. We went to Lucy's 51 in Burbank, mostly a bar but they had a menu besides chicken strips. We reluctantly order our sandwich (vegetable) with sweet potato fires, a total vice of mine. The sandwich came and was delicious. We all ate until we were stuffed to the brim.

Then Saturday I went to my first Creative Arts Emmy's (go Sound!). It was at LA Live and was a beautiful set. Two of our nominees won so the day was that much sweeter. It's always intimidating yet exhilarating to be surrounded by so much talent. We networked away in the lobby between awards. The ball was at the convention center across the way where the Moroccan themed room was exquisite. We sat down to purple, green and orange decor with fabulous flowers. (Of course I take note on things like place setting thinking of the wedding to come.) The china was gold rimmed and the glassware matched. The flatware was gold, a first for me, but went very well together. The food was actually really good. A salad with candied walnuts, braised short ribs and fried mac and cheese and our favorite a dark chocolate mint lollipop. mmm We danced the night away having a grand time.

Sunday I spent the day with Cristian and of course Bobby Flay's "Throwdown" was on which always makes us hungry. The challenge was fajitas so we decided to take it on. After a quick grocery run the two of us worked side by side in the kitchen. I made salsa and an avocado salad (there weren't any ripe enough for guacamole) and he made the flank steak and grilled veggies. We make quite a cooking pair  if I do say so myself and we always have fun. Probably my favorite part was that Cristian made me a cheese try (my MAJOR vice) where we tried an Irish smoked Gouda, a sweet white cheddar and Machego cheese. TO pair with them he added seedless, red grapes, dried cranberries and figs. SO good. :) He sure does spoil me.

No comments:

Post a Comment