Monday, September 21, 2009

Football and Awards Weekend

Do you ever have those weekends where you have more things to do than you have time for? That was our weekend. From taking the car in, to getting a wedding band cleaned that hasn't even been worn yet to getting passport photos it seems we had to do it all. It was a great feeling to have everything accomplished though, an un-lazy weekend. On top of that we had some fun too. Krisztian took me to Daphne's for lunch on Saturday where we had lamb gyros and tzatziki sauce with fire feta fries and salad. Then we indulged in Pinkberry's new flavors, coconut and passion fruit. YUM! On Sunday I made my extravagant breakfast which for me consists of eggs, toasted bread, tomatoes, avocado, turkey bacon, usually taco sauce and a bit of cheese. It was delightful. For Krisztian I made (or rather assembled) toast with garlic cream cheese, smoked salmon, red onions and an eggs over easy. I also made hot chocolate with a dash of amaretto in it. :) For dinner I marinated and prepared steak (Worcestershire, teriyaki, salt & pepper, hot sauce and red wine) and roasted an acorn squash then topped it with honey and cinnamon. I also tried roasting corn in the oven after prepping it with a little butter, chili powder and pepper. Finally I made the sinfully easy crescent rolls from Pillsbury, sometimes you have to make it easy on yourself.

The wedding plans of the weekend included two great DJ finds that we have no time to make appointments with. We have been searching for a Hungarian DJ, since they're so plentiful, and finally found one that has a girlfriend who can speak Hungarian and has offered to translate. The other I found on Here Comes the Guide, a must use resource by the way, and saw a company we've worked with before here at the studio as a top rated vendor. After asking some colleagues they come highly recommended. I'm thoroughly happy to at least have two in the running now. I did learn a lot more about Excel this weekend while watching the Jets vs. Patriots game and the Emmy's.

Monday has arrived but I'm optimistic about this week, things are looking good, I feel rested and we have lots of great produce and fish to work with for our dinners. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, thanks for the updated entry. Sounds like you had a very flavorful weekend. Your flavor profiles always sound so appealing, you walk a fine line between sweet and savory. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete