Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No time and time again

Cristian's new post working at Conan O'Brien has been quite an adventure. While he has great stories and is thrilled to work there sometimes our days are so long I want to sleep on the ride home. Last night was one of those nights. With Dave Matthews in studio my fiance was busy until 7:30pm, my normal departure time being 5:30. I went to the gym twice yesterday and watched Monday night football as I waited for him. By the way, WOW Patriots! Unfortunately we didn't arrive home until half past 8 which was by then a late start for dinner. We ended up with leftover fajitas and I came to one conclusion. I like the feeling of eating up stuff in the fridge. It means I'm not wasteful and it was worth the effort of making more than enough in the first place. Might I add that flank steak is almost more flavorful the second day!

After the quick reheat and eat, Cristian started studying and I proceeded to attempt to help. Unfortunately I feel I am sort of good at many things, but not great at most. The topic last night, Excel. I thought I knew Excel pretty well. No. There are so many more functions and commands I had never heard of. In the end we created an amortization chart and figured out monthly payments for a $58K purchase, fun huh?!

A good thing about working out and homework is that it really prevents me from having my token glass of wine at night. I enjoy the feeling of unwinding but with very recent stressful circumstances I had come a little too accustomed. Last night I imbibed sparkling pomegranate water which was refreshing and fantastic.


One thing that lifted my spirits this morning on the way to work was Cristian asking what our weekend plans were. I  told him I hadn't made any but suggested either Big Bear or the OC Fair (nothing like corn dogs and roasted corn!) Instead he asked if we could do (wait for it)... wedding stuff! I was so excited. Thank goodness for amazing fiances. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment