Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm a Wife!

Our wedding was beautiful. The scenic outdoor gazebo, overlooking Puddingstone Lake below. I still love that name, Puddingstone. It's like something my best friend would come up with. :) All the ladies (and two flower girls) got ready in my single hotel room about a mile from the wedding site. We sipped mimosas, had Starbucks and McDonald's egg mcmuffins while laughing and anxiously counting down the hours. My good friend Geanina made every effort to doll us up with makeup and hairdos fit for celebrities. As we migrated to Puddingstone it hit me that I was in my final hour as a Rhinehart.

My Mom helped me slip my beautiful Oleg Cassini mermaid gown over my head, while my fantastic bridesmaids placed my rhinestone encrusted bracelet and earrings on me. I was a bride. I nervously awaited to walk down the aisle  but arm in arm with my mother and father, I was in site of the 150 guests standing to see me. The pink hydrangeas and cream rose petals welcomed me with every step I took, closer to my fiance. As I finally glanced at him I saw him wipe a tear and hoped I wouldn't face the same fate. Alas, the water arose in my eyes. But before the full cry could commence the wind caught my veil and blew it into one of the hydrangeas. My Dad fumbles to assist but I was stuck. It was a brief minute but I was able to laugh.

Arriving at the gazebo I kissed my mother and father one last time as their single daughter and was greeted by my future husband. The ceremony was horribly fast. We exchanged vows in Hungarian, English and then our own personal words which made both of us emotional. We giggled as we held each others' hands waiting for the single to put the prospective rings on their fingers that never came. Finally our good friends, Kati and Jimmy, read a poem in both of our native languages. And then we were one. Minister Istvan Kasco pronounced us husband and wife and we kissed. We floated down the aisle about to be whisked away for pictures. A year and a half of planning and finally Cristian Daraban was my husband. I've never had a happier moment.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you two, I just want you to know that even though it wasn't the best first reaction in the world when you asked Kati and I to read a poem at your wedding, I truly was very happy to be a part of it. So I definitely apologize for the uneasy reaction and wish I could do it over. But know I would do anything for you guys, because you truly are great friends. Can't wait to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jimmy! Same here. We were so glad you both could play a part in our wedding, it meant the world to us. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete