Monday, September 20, 2010

The Perfect Gift

The day of my rehearsal dinner was hectic. Cristian was running errands, the girls and I were getting nails done, organizing and picking up last minute items for the wedding. I barely made it to the rehearsal site but luckily my friend Nina had done my hair and makeup so I was ready to go. The rehearsal was a laugh. We spent 90% of the time waiting then lining up and 10% actually rehearsing. After speeding through the order of the ceremony we took a look around the reception site. There were boxes, flowers, rental furniture and more waiting to be put into place. It was truly exciting.

We then arrived back at the hotel where we had arranged for an outdoor dinner for our 40 guests. The night started off with sangria being passed around (even though it wasn't the plan it still worked out). Then we had a baby tango, goat cheese and pita crisp salad with champagne vinaigrette. There was flank steak, chicken breast with mashed potatoes and gnocchi for the vegetarians. Before the dessert my adorable mother made a speech thanking everyone for coming and even for Julia making vegetarian lasagna for the wedding. Cristian and I followed again acknowledging all the help we'd gotten and the sacrifices all had made to help out and be there for us.

Cristian and I then exchanged our gifts. As I went to grab mine from my Dad's hotel room I returned to ambulances and paramedics. I was terrified. One of my close friends had gotten light headed and nearly passes out. Thank goodness he was fine.

I then present my gift to my fiance, a shadowbox with a signed poster and CD from the band who's song we chose as our wedding song. I also matted the lyrics of the song and placed them next to the signed paraphernalia. Cristian was excited. He then gave me my gift. The note read, "the perfect shoe, for the perfect bride, on the perfect day." LOVE HIM! I opened the Barney's New York wrapping and read the words "Manolo Blahnik". I squealed with delight. As I opened the box there they were, the shoes I had adored for over 10 years, the silver d'orsay pump with rhinestone buckle. Cristian got on one knee and placed the shoe on my foot as though I were Cinderella. I sure felt like her.


1 comment: