Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Homey Home

The nights you're alone it's hard to get up the stamina for making a full meal but sometimes you still want a tasty bite that doesn't take too much effort. I will say it's been SO much fun using my new kitchen appliances, pans, Pyrex and ideas. As my new husband has been working nights I have been tasked to make something in time for my dinner as well as having a plate ready when he gets home. It's a classic issue of the ability of the food to be delicious hours after they're fresh. The last few nights I've cooked included and spaghetti turkey meatballs from scratch with a little ricotta and grilled sandwiches with pasta salad adorned with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.

This particular night I had to scavenge for ingredients and came up with fish tacos. I used snapper that I seasoned with salt and pepper that I seared with a bit of olive oil. I made a custom version of tartar sauce made up of lime juice, mayo, cocktail sauce, dill, red pepper flakes and pickles. I topped off the tacos with some cabbage for crunch. Simple but yummy!

It's nights like these I wish I could share a glass of wine with a girlfriend, like Karen :), and wait for my husband to come home. Homesickness still affects me, even more at six years than ever before. KIT Bay Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment