Thursday, October 8, 2009

What's Better Than Mac N Cheese?

Macaroni and cheese, quite possibly my perfect food. It includes pasta and cheese. YUM. I make my own version of mac n cheese which is so easy it's our go to. Last night we didn't even pair it with anything. My garlic version includes pasta, 2% Colby and Monterrey Jack mix, skim milk, chive and onion cream cheese, a teeny bit of margarine (Can't Believe It's Not Butter is my usual) ,fat free sour cream and real crushed garlic. Once mixed together it's a little bit of heaven. This version is a little less salty than the boxed kind and has layers of flavor. I would almost venture to say it's tart but more likely it's got a better cheese flavor than those packets. No baking is involved in this simple recipe, which is why it's even easy to make in a crunch. Truly cheese makes everything delicious and besides my all time favorite, the grilled cheese sandwich, Mac N Cheese is the ultimate comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment