Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Undercover Veggies



I actually went back to the gym today! I had been maybe once every two weeks since I've been sick so it was difficult and I was lame. My lungs couldn't understand what was happening, my legs, especially my knee, were sore and I was out of breath in an instant. Not to mention the sweat fest...gross. I was happy to be back working out though and hope to continue on. My new quest is to lose the target weight by my last 20-something birthday in April. 10 pounds, 9 weeks. I'm hopeful. Plus, I watched "Heavy" and got fully re-inspired to want to have courage and motivation.

Last night I continued my quest to incorporate more veggies in my diet by starting off sauteing onions, eggplant, baby bella mushrooms and tomatoes. From there I decided it would be a delicious ragu so I boiled some water for my whole wheat pasta shells. I added tomato sauce to my veggies and browned some extra lean turkey sausage.  Then I added a little treat of olive oil/cilantro/garlic spread on french bread and made some delicious crunchy accompaniments. Cristian hardly noticed the extra veggies. The best part was I brought some for lunch today and it was even more extraordinary. Healthy, here I come. And I'm taking my pasta with me!

1 comment:

  1. Cooking is such an art which not only make you happy or earns you appreciation but also can counter your appetite in a very delicious manner. This is such an wonderful instinct that can make you creative day by day.

    zonia

    ReplyDelete