Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Journey

I have so far kept to my new years resolution as far as cooking goes. I went to a new supermarket "Sprouts" where I bought eggplant, plantains and other fruits and vegetables. I have never cooked a plantain and it's been awhile for eggplant. Tonight I will be making chicken in a curry sauce paired with the lightly fried plantains. Sounds good, we'll see how it turns out. As for the eggplant I found a Bobby Flay recipe for chicken and eggplant quesadillas that sounded amazing. I'm going to see if Cristian will eat it since he normally doesn't like eggplant. . Also, I've been cooking more healthy. I made lettuce cups with extra lean beef and a bunch of vegetables drizzled with a honey-soy-OJ sauce I mixed together. It was actually delicious. Do you ever find though that without a lot of protein or carbs it's hard to feel full? That's my dilemma right now. But I'm thinking I just need to retrain my stomach.

Outcome of the plantains to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment