Monday, October 4, 2010

Eternal Errands

Isn't it sad when the weekend goes by and all you accomplished was errands? We were so tired Friday night we picked up Daphne's for dinner and watched a movie at home, which I of course fell asleep watching. Saturday we had to get up early to get my car smog checked before I hit the deadline, update our bank accounts with my new name (the saga continues), get Cristian a haircut, pick up his brother from water polo, go grocery shopping, get Cristian's wedding band inspected and cleaned, run to the mall for some returns, made a late lunch and after all that I had to put on a happy face for dinner with the in-laws and their guests. That's just Saturday! Marathon cleaning Sunday, laundry, two trips to Home Depot (once for ant killer the next for a new smoke detector), made cookies, gardened, organized, put away the last of the wedding gifts, and again, dinner at the in-laws. Alas, by this point the weekend was done. I feel exhausted now and not refreshed at all but am really looking forward to this weekend, when all of the cleaning has already been done. Tonight we have lamb chops that I marinated yesterday (thinking we were eating at our own house) in red wine, olive oil, a million herbs and spices. Looking forward to the yummy smell on the grill. Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment