Thursday, October 21, 2010

Downhill health

It seems as though I've been sick for a week now and have finally made it to the final stages of recovery. When you're sick the lack of energy is incredibly sad. I have had no desire to much in the last few days but it has given me time to finish the wedding thank you cards (yes they're finally in the mail) and set some post wedding goals for myself. The first is to begin a new, slightly less than before rigorous gym routine and renew my healthy eating efforts. Of all things I heard a quote in Glee that really hit me. Quinn talks about how she has changed her eating habits for her unborn baby and it made her think of why she wouldn't do it for herself. I figures it's time to get back on the healthy bandwagon. My brother inspired me too recently informing me he is interested in possibly becoming a vegan. Next goal is to give back more. Since the wedding I have started tutoring, become a USC student mentor and begun pro bono projects for friends/family with businesses. It's been rejuvenating. Finally, reinstate my interest in hobbies and extra-curricular activities like golf, scrapbooking, snowboarding and searching for a church choir to sing in. All in all not having had energy made me miss my everyday little routines and fun extras. Amazing the amount of time that was spent planning one day, now I get to think about the rest of my life.

Oh and by the way, today was the final step in changing my name... DMV. It went surprisingly smooth and quickly. Now I'm officially and completely a Daraban!

No comments:

Post a Comment