Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holidays

Is eating a predetermined part of most of our daily activities/festivities? I feel like I've eaten more in the last 2 weeks than in the last month. It all started with Thanksgiving. My Dad, his girlfriend, Michelle, and I all had a small get together at her house near Houston. Dad got up early to get the turkey in the oven and we all assisted with various roles throughout the day. I made stuffing, helped chop, dice and fry among many other tasks. In the end we had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, fresh bread and more. It was a great meal. Then Michelle had made a whipped cream pumpkin pie that was unbelievably light and airy, not too sweet. It was a lot of fun. The next day we went to the Renaissance Fair where we had alligator on a stick (you read correctly), cajun steak, sweet potato fries and sangria. A very odd combo but good. Upon my return I relived Thanksgiving at my future in laws, which is always a treat. Since then I have attended no less than 11 holiday lunches, parties and event all of which featured food. I have to say I am quite lucky to not have a sweet tooth or I would have blown up by now. After all this eating all I can say is: Wedding diet 2010. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment