Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th!

It's so strange when a holiday ends up being in the middle of the week, like 4th of July yesterday. My husband and I both got the day off but had to work the two days before and after. As usual the day off started with my making breakfast and then moving on to some cleaning (all days off comprise of some sort of cleaning). We then made a mad dash to BevMo for supplies to bring to a BBQ. My husband, Cristian, ended up being the grill master after a quick survey revealed no one else could really BBQ. Luckily he was able to show off his skills even though it was a charcoal grill (we're used to gas). This was the first event in awhile I wasn't with close friends, in fact I didn't know any of the attendees besides my husband. I tapped into my networking skills so I wouldn't be glued to Cristian's hip the entire time.

In the end food truly brings people together. Remember the days of old with traditional party food including chips, soda, all kinds of salads with mayonnaise? The times sure are a changing. This party featured Pirate's Booty, turkey burgers, fresh fruit and water. I felt so 2012 being all healthy. It's probably a good thing since I just purchased a Groupon for Bar Method classes that I'll start in a week.

After the festivities we actually missed seeing fireworks but the sun had zapped our energy. Hoping you all had happy independence days with your families. Cheers to freedom and new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment