Monday, March 22, 2010

The Quest for the Perfect Shoe

All my lady friends will be able to attest to the difficulty of finding the perfect shoe. For me I wanted a colorful, fun, short heel, comfortable and affordable item. I had truly wanted to wear Kate Spade, Louboutin or Manolo, however, their shoes are not exactly practical for a long evening of walking in grass, dancing and standing. After ordering numerous pairs from a variety of stores I looked at flats, extremely high heels, bling, ivory, navy, tiffany blue, plum, strappy, d'orsday and pumps. I can not tell you the disappointment when the shoe wasn't the right color, was too tall or just plain uncomfortable. I had visited Nordstrom, Macy's, DSW, Shoe Warehouse, Off Fifth, The Rack and countless others over months of time. Am I being too picky I kept asking myself? My honest answer, which you may disagree about, was no. I needed to have something beautiful and able to last the entire 6-8 hours of the wedding day in GRASS!

Let me know your tormented shoe or accessory stories for your perfect birthday, wedding etc.

1 comment:

  1. i had my wedding outdoors and i bought semi-pricey shoes ($125) for the ceremony and pictures. they were silk and they got trashed. i had to throw them away. :(

    ReplyDelete