Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Back on the Bandwagon

As we all know this time of year is hectic, seasons change (meaning wardrobes as well) and people eat more than any other time of year. Right now I've been fascinated with one ingredient: pumpkin. My new, very young, brother in law requested a pumpkin cheesecake for his birthday. My cousin gave me a recipe for my birthday two years ago and I've learn to perfect it with my own personal tweaks. Since I already purchased the pumpkin I decided to use the squash in a number of recipes. First I made pumpkin soup, a Weight Watcher recipe. It was think and hearty but almost sweet like tomato soup. It was my first time using my immersion blender too, which was amazing. I didn't have to transfer hot liquids into a blender then place it back into a pan to heat up.

Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook


Next I made pumpkin pecan cake. I'm no baker but this turned out moist from the pumpkin layer and crunchy from the pecans. Thanksgiving here I come!






No comments:

Post a Comment